Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Harvest fun!

Growing up we did not "celebrate" Halloween.  We never really carved pumpkins or went trick or treating.  We always went to the church Harvest Party.  I loved it, even well into my high school years! Since we've had kids, we have been surrounded by lots of our friends who really get into the holiday.  I just can't.  I know, I know, I'm a Halloween Scrooge, but I would rather celebrate fall and harvest...Thanksgiving!  It's one of my favorite times of year (next to Christmas).  We do let the kids dress up.  The base has a base-wide trick or treating time that we will probably participate in, which will only be a walk around our block.  We don't need that much candy. :)
This year, we decided to get pumpkins for the kids and carve them.  I guess I've caved a little.  Paige wanted a traditional face on the pumpkin, but I wanted them to be cheery...not scary.  So this is what we got...


Jason and I picked the Angry Bird (one of our favorite iPhone games), Paige chose Tinkerbell, of course.  And Tucker didn't get to pick...he's just always Superman! :)

It was a fun time with the kids and they loved digging into the center to help get the seeds out.  Those are my favorite part and that is partly why I wanted to get pumpkins this year. hehe.









No comments:

Post a Comment

JaNuArY

Well, it's 2009! Where has the time gone? We are looking forward to a great year!
Paige, 17 months now, is the joy of our lives! She is so much fun and everyday makes us smile and laugh. She is growing up so much and talking more and more! It's getting colder now, so we have to play inside alot. Her sandbox sits empty for the winter. Soon enough, it will be spring and we will be out and about! We are planning on planting a garden - she will love being in the dirt. It will be a great outdoor activity!
Jason is still traveling back and forth to Phoenix, which is a long drive for him, but he and I are so thankful that he has a good job! He is currently involved in our church's Men's Fraternity and is the director of our AWANA's TREK (junior high) group (as am I). We are also involved in a young families group as well.
I am still staying at home and enjoying the precious time I have with Paige. I also babysit my friend's little boy as well. They are great friends already! :)
We are planning for more children, and are sure it will happen in God's time! We are so thankful for all of His provisions in our lives! HAPPY 2009!