Monday, April 19, 2010

Sweet Reunion

Arriving in Georgia was very surreal. Knowing my hubby had done the same thing just 10 weeks prior was chilling. I was so anxious to see him! We checked in to our hotel and low and behold...A PHONE CALL from Jason!! He had his phone back for good. It was so wonderful! That night, I finally got meet some of the fabulous women I had met that were going through this as well! We all had gitters and couldn't wait to see our men! I didn't sleep at all that night...I was just way too anxious! I was ready very early and found myself pacing a little. I couldn't wait to run into my man's arms! The Family Day ceremony was amazing! Watching all of the company march in chanting! (I cried). When we finally spotted him, it was hard to contain myself! (again, I cried). Finally, it was over and we were able to go get our soldiers! Into Jason's arms I went...of course, crying! Paige followed. She was so excited to see him! She just kept kissing him and touching his face and saying Daddy for no reason at all. It was such a sweet moment!





After Family day, we got to spend the whole day with him! It was wonderful! I missed him so much! We even got some alone time! :) Taking him back that night was hard, even though we knew we were going to see him in the morning. The next day we were up early again. Graduation was absolutely amazing! I cried to the whole thing! I was SO proud! Jason was fortunate enough to be in the front row of his platoons formation! We got excellent video and pictures of him! Again, after the ceremony, we got to have him for the rest of the day. Leaving him was hard...all over again. I knew that I was going to be able to visit him in Oklahoma, but the ache was there! After a long 10 weeks, it was so wonderful to see him, but it went so fast. I am so proud of the man that he has become! I am so madly in love my U.S. Soldier and I am a very proud Army wife! Hooah!


No comments:

Post a Comment

JaNuArY

Well, it's 2009! Where has the time gone? We are looking forward to a great year!
Paige, 17 months now, is the joy of our lives! She is so much fun and everyday makes us smile and laugh. She is growing up so much and talking more and more! It's getting colder now, so we have to play inside alot. Her sandbox sits empty for the winter. Soon enough, it will be spring and we will be out and about! We are planning on planting a garden - she will love being in the dirt. It will be a great outdoor activity!
Jason is still traveling back and forth to Phoenix, which is a long drive for him, but he and I are so thankful that he has a good job! He is currently involved in our church's Men's Fraternity and is the director of our AWANA's TREK (junior high) group (as am I). We are also involved in a young families group as well.
I am still staying at home and enjoying the precious time I have with Paige. I also babysit my friend's little boy as well. They are great friends already! :)
We are planning for more children, and are sure it will happen in God's time! We are so thankful for all of His provisions in our lives! HAPPY 2009!